Community inspired vision for Parramatta North Heritage Core
UrbanGrowth NSW Development Corporation’s vision is to inspire and enable the creation of extraordinary places. In line with its vision, UrbanGrowth NSW is creating an aspirational place identity for Parramatta North’s publicly owned, nationally listed Heritage Core that is locally contextual, globally relevant and seeks to fill an unmet need in a rapidly developing urban landscape.
The heritage core contains approximately 50 buildings and a number of public open spaces between buildings. The NSW Government will continue to respect its rich cultural and social significance and a conservation program is currently underway, with the spaces in various states of repair and readiness. A number of organisations currently occupy parts of the Heritage Core including Parragirls and Parramatta District Men’s Shed and Parramatta Female Factory Friends.
Registration of Interest (ROI)
Registrations of Interest (ROI) closed on Monday, 25 February 2019.
The ROI process will help inform future government decisions within the Heritage Core.
After UrbanGrowth NSW considers the appropriate procurement pathways and processes, some participants may progress sooner than others depending on the scope of the proposal and the availability of space.
Some spaces may be made available on a temporary or more permanent basis through appropriate procurement pathways and processes.
As needs arise, ROI participants will be informed of next steps, and are welcome to contact UrbanGrowth NSW for further discussion.
All ROI responses will be placed in a database. The database will not be an exclusive or exhaustive list but will be used to inform procurement pathways for next steps.
UrbanGrowth NSW reserves the right to proceed or not proceed with any ROI response or to seek further proposals from others if the ROI responses do not suitably achieve the objectives for the project or take any action it considers appropriate in relation to the ROI and Heritage Core.
Who can participate in the ROI?
Submissions are open to anyone and we encourage applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and organisations
- Culturally and linguistically diverse individuals and organisations
- Individuals and organisations with experience working in Western Sydney
How will your proposal be assessed?
All submissions will be assessed against the following:
- A clearly defined and well considered proposal that is viable and will positively contribute to the vision, principles and place outcomes for Parramatta North.
- Activities and uses which are beneficial to the community and enable safe, welcoming and inclusive spaces for everybody.
- Participants who can work in partnership with others to achieve the vision and place outcomes.
- Participants with the ability to contribute to the proposal and can work collaboratively and flexibly with Government on the locations, timings and form of agreement.
- Participants who have the experience and ability to realise the proposal.
Background documents and information:
- Parramatta North Heritage Core Vision
- Parramatta North Heritage Core Engagement Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Parramatta North Heritage Core Map
- ROI Information Session Presentation
- Parramatta North Heritage Snapshot
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions or please direct all enquiries by phone: 02 9216 5873 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org