The Bays Precinct Reference Group announced
UrbanGrowth NSW today announced the membership of The Bays Precinct Reference Group following a comprehensive assessment of Registrations of Interest.
In total, 68 Registrations of Interest were received from interested parties including community groups, business groups, industry associations and sporting groups. .
“We received strong interest in The Bays Precinct Reference Group, and today I’m pleased to announce the organisations that will be represented,” said UrbanGrowth NSW Chief Executive, David Pitchford.
“The Reference Group will be an ongoing forum for communication between UrbanGrowth NSW and the community throughout The Bays Precinct Transformation Program.
“Its creation is testimony to UrbanGrowth NSW’s commitment to continued meaningful engagement and collaboration with stakeholders.”
In accordance with the Terms of Reference, the Reference Group membership has been drawn from organisations in the following sectors:
- Local communities, such as resident or local community groups
- Business, including peak bodies with an economic or business interest in The Bays
- Other sectors with a specific interest in the transformation program, including groups with an interest inCulture, heritage, history and the arts
- Social services for young people, older people and people with a disability
- Maritime uses
- Recreation, sports and active living, including walking and cycling
- Traffic and transport
- Urban design, planning, sustainable development and the environment
- The greater Sydney community.
The criteria used to select the organisations included the group’s purpose, size, and interests. Read more here.
The Reference Group will meet quarterly and receive regular updates on The Bays Precinct Urban Transformation Program. The first meeting will be held in December 2015.
Group members will bring their expertise and local knowledge to the table to strengthen communication between UrbanGrowth NSW and Sydneysiders, and shape the transformation of this important precinct.
More information about the group is available here within the Terms of Reference.
The Bays Precinct Reference Group members
- 10,000 Friends of Greater Sydney Limited
- Action for Public Transport (NSW) Inc.
- AFL NSW/ACT
- Annandale Precinct Committee
- A.P.I.A. Leichhardt Tigers Football Club
- Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Balmain District Football Club
- Balmain Precinct and White Bay/Rozelle Precinct Committees
- Balmain Tigers Australian Football Club
- Bays Area Community Coalition
- Bike Leichhardt
- Blackwattle Cove Coalition
- Boat Owners Association
- Boating Industry Association
- C3 Rozelle Campus
- Canterbury District Soccer Football Association
- Cement, Concrete & Aggregates Australia
- Coalition of Glebe Groups
- Commercial Vessel Association
- Committee for Sydney
- Consult Australia
- Council of Ultimo/Pyrmont Associations
- Dragon Boats NSW Inc.
- EcoTransit Sydney Inc.
- Glebe Point Residents Group
- Inner West Youth Alliance
- NSW Chapter, Australian Institute of Architects
- NSW Federation of Housing Associations Inc.
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Property Council of Australia
- Pyrmont Action Inc.
- Pyrmont Community Group
- Pyrmont History Group
- Southern Sydney Region of Councils
- Sydney Alliance
- Sydney Business Chamber
- Sydney Harbour Maritime Forum
- The Glebe Society
- Tourism Accommodation Australia
- Tourism and Transport Forum
- White Bay Stratas Committee